Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Bad Connection

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



We cannot make bargains for blisses,
Nor catch them like fishes in nets;
And sometimes the thing our life misses
Helps more than the thing which it gets.
For good lieth not in pursuing,
Nor gaining of great nor small,
But just in the doing and doing
As we would be done by is all.
--Alice Gary.

Another cloudy day. Another rainy day. Another day with bad internet connections. In fact, since we have moved in here, the connection hasn't been exactly great. This area where we're at has only one internet company. Yes, we found that out when searching for service. Almost everyone we called didn't have towers out here. I'm at the back of the apartment and Emily is more in front, Her connection is much better than mine. It doesn't make sense, but there it is. 

So I really cannot do much of anything today on my computer. It keeps stalling, buffering and it's very frustrating. So today I am catching up on some writing and food. 

Yes, food. We do not eat out on a regular basis. It is a rare day indeed, when we head out to a restaurant or order in. Even though I have a daughter who is a master chef in the kitchen, she works just like me. We do have a rule that if she is home, she cooks and if I'm home, I cook. It works out well for us. We do have a well stocked larder and that helps out a lot.

Now, I may not be a great cook, but I am very good at creating something out of leftovers. I've had no choice when my children were little, because money was tight. We do not believe in wasting food and we will find a use for just about anything. Emily is a vegetarian, so when we encounter something that doesn't coincide with our eating lifestyle, we just give it away. In our last place, we had a single mom that was very grateful whenever we shared with her. Believe me, someone has a need for whatever you don't want anymore. 
Waste not, want not.

So today, I ended up making a few dishes or lunches for work. This way, I just grab a container on my way out. Saves a lot of time if I prep ahead. Nothing else can be done this morning. It's too late for laundry. I've spent way too much time trying to write this post with all these interruptions. It's so frustrating, but I know when I'm beat. I've stopped trying to rate myself on how productive a day I've had. You will not always be able to get things done. Some days, it's just a toss up. Don't fight it, just go with the flow. You'll be less stressed. It is what it is. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The gratitude challenge:
I am extremely glad that I had a few minutes to lay down for a power nap.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...