Saturday, November 4, 2017

Falling Back The Time

                                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                      everyday is a journey.



He mourns that day so soon has glided by:
E'en like the passage of an angel's tear
That falls through the clear ether silently.
--John Keats.

There is nothing more satisfying than a good night's sleep. One could hear the light pitter patter of a drizzling rain through the night. Or maybe it was the panoway essential oil in the diffuser, but we both woke up pretty late after a sound and restful sleep. It is so incredibly quiet here. It's almost unbelievable with all the cluster of buildings sitting row after a row. Yet, it is so quiet. So much quieter than our last place and we lived in a very nice neighborhood with some very noisy neighbors. 

It's funny how our minds work. Last night, everyone at work was so excited at the thought of gaining an extra hour. It's Daylight Savings, folks. Everyone couldn't wait for the weekend to begin all because of that one hour. As we walked out at the end, everyone wished each other a sleep in morning. It's almost like Christmas. Well, Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy your extra hour!

No matter the extra hour or not, I enjoy my time off. I don't need to be doing something spectacular, sometimes a slow kind of day is what we need. Even if I'm busy, it's all cool, because there is no tension of having to be on a schedule. If I'm rushed in the morning, I have the evening to look forward to. The older I get, the more I believe in leisure.

 I refuse to spend all my free time cleaning the apartment from top to bottom. Truth to be told, I detest cleaning. That's why I don't put off these kind of chores for any one particular day. If I have a load of laundry, it gets washed. If the floor is dirty, out comes the mop. First thing I do every morning, is straighten up  while I'm waiting for breakfast to be ready. We spend way too much time obsessing about things and not enough actually living. Now, I'm not saying we all should be living in a dirty house. We need to keep it clean, just don't go crazy with it. 

On the flip side: I'm happy to report that I'm doing quite well without coffee. Yes, I do miss it sometimes, but I know there are way too many health benefits by my giving it up and they outweigh the cons. Also, I did finally find some research on a person living in an RV as a lifestyle. You know I have been having a lot of trouble finding what I'm looking for. More on these topics at a later time. For now, enjoy your weekend, especially the extra hour!

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...