Monday, November 27, 2017

Walk With Me

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Yet Love will dream, and Faith will trust
    (Since He who knows our need is just),
  That somehow, somewhere, meet we must.
    Alas for him who never sees
    The stars shine through his cypress trees;
  Who hath not learned in hours of faith,
    The truth to flesh and sense unknown,
  That life is ever Lord of Death,
    And Love can never lose its own.
J. G. WHITTIER.



When Linda was alive, she would have this saying she used whenever she was scared. Jesus, would you walk with me? I've never forgotten it and have used it many, many times.

I think of Linda all the time. I miss her dearly, her bubbling smile that always reached her eyes. Not many people can do that, smile with their eyes. Linda loved me and I knew it, because she showed it in all she did. That's love, folks. And Linda loved me.

I could so see us both walking around Heaven together, arm in arm. I'm looking forward to it. I welcome it. We would always wonder what we would see and hear there. The wonders that the Bible spoke of in so many books.

A day doesn't go by where I think of some memory or another that I have of her. There are times I wish I was there more for her than I was. We think of things like that after the fact, but never as we're living them. I wonder if I was a good friend, doubting myself. I didn't want her to suffer or to be scared during her last moments on Earth. Her husband assured me she didn't. 

We all have someone we have lost and cannot wait to see again in Heaven. Someone with whom we can take that walk with once again. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...