Sunday, November 26, 2017

Puzzle Time

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 


The picture above is of a puzzle that my mom and I worked on. In fact, this has become a favorite past-time of ours. I begin them and mom continues until the next time I come over. It's also a great exercise for our hands and fingers, especially if we have arthritis. 

It has also become a great conversation piece when people come over. It lays on the dining room table, welcoming anyone who wants to add a piece or two. Not many people do puzzles anymore and I'm not sure why. They are such fun whether one is a toddler or a senior. Why not open up a box and try. 

Below is another wonderful poem that I wanted to share with all of you. I hope you enjoy. Today has been a quiet and peaceful time and sometimes, we need to be still. 


O may I join the choir invisible
Of those immortal dead who live again
In minds made better by their presence: live
In pulses stirred to generosity,
In deeds of daring rectitude, in scorn
For miserable aims that end with self,
In thoughts sublime that pierce the night like stars,
And with their mild persistence urge man's search
To vaster issues.
This is life to come,
Which martyred men have made more glorious
For us to strive to follow. May I reach
That purest heaven, be to other souls
The cup of strength in some great agony,
Enkindle generous ardor, feed pure love,
Beget the smiles that have no cruelty,
Be the sweet presence of a good diffused,
And in diffusion ever more intense!
So shall I join the choir invisible
Whose music is the gladness of the world.
--George Eliot.

Have a blessed day everyone.

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful to have an activity to share with my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...