Friday, November 11, 2016

The Church

                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                          everyday is a journey. 
God's Church is not
a building or a  program
but a community of
faith in love with it's
Savor working to 
proclaim the gospel
serve one another
and usher in His Kingdom
John Greco

 My current Church is wonderful. I love my Pastor and the message that is preached there. The people seem very genuine, loving and caring. When it comes to worship time, these people WORSHIP. They have a thirst and a love of God. Love this family of believers. I wish they were around back in 2007 when I was searching for a neighborhood Church. 

If we're all honest, I'm sure we all had a bad experience at some Church in our time. I know I have. The funny thing is that it's always the people. Some experiences are harder to shake off and no matter how hard we try, the pain keeps resurfacing, usually when we run into them. Talk about reopening an old wound.

The devil loves that! He knows how to rile me up and I get riled up whenever I do run into them. Why? The differences between me and them are so great, that the encounter leaves me feeling even more like an outsider than before. Why did I spend six years of my life in a place that I could never fit in? When Joyce Meyer's speaks of her old Church, I can connect with her. All these years with cancer and not one of them ever called me to see how I was doing.

Sorry, I'm going off to a place I don't want to be in. My point is that  Church members can affect how we connect with others. Here I am a Pastor's mother and I have a difficult time believing that the people who sit beside me are who they claim to be. All this emotion, because of a bad experience in a previous Church. I love my current Church so much, but I'm afraid to get involved. That's horrible. I don't want to get hurt again.

This struggle has been a re-occurring nightmare for me for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Every time I think I have it whooped, I have an encounter with one of them and the devil takes me home! Each and every encounter leaves a deepening gulf between us. And my heart hurts even more. Help me overcome this. Pray for me to turn my back finally on this painful episode in my life. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...