Tuesday, November 1, 2016

3 Day Weekends

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Long middles and slow endings
are for harder than hopeful 
beginnings to gracefully 
navigate much less to love. 
Beginning well is easy.
Finishing well is hard.
Leigh McLeroy


I love 3 day weekends! It seems that we have had quite a few of them since work has been a bit slow, especially this year. For me, it couldn't have fallen at a better time. 

You see, every year during the Fall, I always end up with tons of crocheting projects from my co-workers, my friends and some family. They purchase the yarn and I make whatever their hearts desire. In exchange for my labor, they make a yarn donation to my Ministry. Believe me, I have to hustle for yarn!

Mostly my projects consist of making hats/headbands and scarf sets, but this year they have become more extravagant. I've had to make a baby blanket with a baby hat, 3 adult hats, a multitude (countless) head set ear muffs (two orders)and a queen size afghan. All of this in the last three weeks. I'm finished with all, except the afghan. A 3 day weekend certainly helped!

While all of this has been going on, everything else has suffered like my writing and the true reason for my ministry: actually making crochet items for charities. Let's not forget that I'm right smack in the middle of my next bold step. You know how your house looks when Spring cleaning happens? Yeah, this is my apartment at the moment. We can't even do our monthly gatherings here until all of the above is fixed and accomplished. Instead, we have been meeting at various local spots. 

So this past weekend, I have been crocheting like a mad woman, surrounded by nothing but chaos. I'm looking around wondering to myself what the heck have I gotten myself into now? I'm beginning to think that I'm the one who creates my own messes, because I like it. Why else would anyone start so many projects all at once? That's crazy. I have a full morning before work tomorrow and the day after, where early starts are mandatory. Why do I constantly do that? 

Even at work, my favorite kind of days are the crazy, fast-paced and chaotic type. Obviously, the same applies at home. I like the crazy. I like the messy, because I can clean them up and feel useful. And here I write about desiring peace in my life. I am eating my words, ladies, eating my words. As always, God brings me humbly down to my knees.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...