Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Thanksgiving is once again upon us and households everywhere are busy cooking up a generous feast for their families. In our family, I like to call this the "In-law Holiday" where everyone goes to their in-laws for dinner. We rarely get together as a family for Thanksgiving and this year is no exception. 

Emily and I will be having a quiet dinner of our own complete with a tofurkey, homemade apple pie and a movie. We could have gone to Springfield this year, but with our next bold step almost at completion, it wasn't possible. 

Normally, I'm off all week during Thanksgiving and I spend it doing something I totally love. I write. Nothing else, not even crocheting interferes. Unfortunately, I only had three days this year, most of it will be spent tying up loose ends (bold step). I guess, no writing will happen. 

As I get older, I really have this desire to be more traditional with my holidays. All the extravagance that we initiate into this feast, holds no appeal to me whatsoever. The same goes for Christmas or Easter. I want to stick to what it was meant to represent and to experience the spiritual side. Tomorrow is my most dreaded event yet . . . Black Friday. Ugh, I'm staying home. No comments from me on that subject! At least, not this year.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day spent with the people you love making beautiful memories that are long lasting.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...