Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Everyday Is A Brand New Day

                                     Everyday is a brand new
                                     day, everyday is a journey.

When something bad 
happens, does it leave 
a stain forever?
Hinterland

I want to make something very clear right at the beginning here. I am a Christian and I try to live out my life as a Christ follower everyday not just on Sunday. Any decisions I make in my life or on Election Day will be based on that fact, nothing else. You don't have to like me for it. You can unfriend me or stop speaking to me or even stop reading this blog. I chose to follow Jesus and I will choose Him above everyone else. Period.

This post isn't about who won or who lost. It's about something else more important. It's about our rights to speak our opinions freely and also, the right to vote. It seems that these two rights are being violated by fellow citizens. If we don't agree with one another, suddenly I am being attacked for the right to exercise them. Please don't bully me or anyone else for having voiced their choice. This is why America has been and is still great. If we attack each other because of it, well, we're no better than a Communist country. Believe me, I know what that looks like since I was born in one.

It grieves me to think that I cannot express myself the way our forefathers in this country fought for us to do. Allow me to exercise my rights  with the dignity and respect that I accept yours. Is that too much to ask?

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...