Sunday, November 6, 2016

Living In Faith



                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.


Living in faith is harder than we can imagine, especially when we are waiting on God or just lost someone dear to us. My faith has certainly been tested this past year, but I only have myself to blame. I did say that my goal for the year was having complete trust in the Lord. Did I really think He wasn't going to teach me?


 I just love Rick Warren, because he always has great advice usually in a Step system. Plus, he's really funny and entertaining as he does it.

Your Faith won't work if you even have the slightest bit of hatred in you. There are 3 steps of faith. 
1. Give Jesus complete access to your life
2. Avoid stubbornness, unable to change how I'm doing
3. I obey whatever Jesus tells me to do

Sounds pretty simple, doesn't it? At first glance, we're almost disappointed. I mean, we were expecting some grand advice and probably a very complicated step one, step two, step three etc. And on and on. I certainly was expecting more, but then, I read them again. You will see that in actuality it is the hardest thing to do. 

Number one leaves us exposed completely, unable to hide anything. If we had our life shown as a film for everyone to see, we'd run and hide. We always want to show the good parts of ourselves and want to shove everything else into the closet, shutting the door under lock and key. Telling Jesus everything is called vulnerability. No one likes to put themselves out there.

Number two is just as difficult. We like to live in a fantasy where there's nothing wrong with us, but with the world. The other day, I had lunch with Joey and we're having this discussion on how easy it is to fall into negativity. For me, it's way too easy. All I need is for one thing to not go according to plan or have a complication and down negative lane I go. 

Joey says to me,"You also get angry."
"No, I don't." I'm shocked!
"Oh, yes you do." I certainly do. Hate looking into the mirror, I really do.

Number three, just allow that to sink in for a minute. We really hate to be told what to do, especially when it's something we don't like to do. Anything, but that, Lord. I, myself, have gone through that difficult step on numerous occasions. Sometimes it has ended well and others, not. Living in Faith is not easy, but it is necessary. It seems to be a constant battle that we face and should conquer. This is how we grow in Faith. 

I don't think we are ever done growing as a person, a believer, a worker, a mother or a friend.  I want to learn and develop into maturity to be the best I can be at what I do. I don't want to sit on the sidelines watching everyone else grow up to be what I wanted for myself. And I hope you do,too.

Have a Blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...