Friday, November 4, 2016

Hello Everyone

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




This week has been incredibly hectic as everyone can imagine since the passing of my grandma Bernice. It's truly amazing at all the technology available nowadays where we can communicate with anyone anywhere with just the click of a button. One can message, Skype, Face time and even e-mail in regards to any arrangements. Things have certainly changed quite a bit from when grandfather passed away over 35 years ago. Even though grandma spent eight years here in the U.S. when the children were small, her home was in Poland and that's where her funeral will take place.

The world keeps spinning regardless of what we are going through or feeling. We still have to work, pay our bills, take our children to school and so on. And for some of us, we have to make time for grief. That's what the nights are for. Emily just mentioned the other day how we haven't been sleeping well, both of us getting up at night several times. Is it any wonder with all that has been going on?

Sleep hasn't be very fulfilling around here and we have been waking very early for one appointment or another. As I maneuvered through traffic the other day, on my way to the radiation followup, I could feel a tension inside of me welling up. Since February until September, I have done nothing bit medical appointments. I quickly realized three things. 1) I was sick of doctors. 2) I was even sicker of waiting in the waiting room. 3) I finally felt validated.

Doctors and dentists seem to live in a different time frame than the rest of us. I've become extremely impatient during this last treatment, valuing my time more than ever. As to the validation: I've been complaining about my joints, legs, charlie horses etc. and all these doctors just look at me blankly whenever I make a reference linking these side effects to cancer. Finally, my radiation doctor has basically said that problems with osteoporosis may occur as one of long term side effects. Hello! Every cancer I know has complained about their knees and legs. Since the radiation, I'm also beginning to feel aching in my hips.

It's funny how a person can make one phone call and that one phone call can result in a series of several calls. Three hours later we look up and it's time to get ready for work. O my goodness! Where has the time gone? I have been chasing time all week. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...