Thursday, November 10, 2016

Living In A Broken World

                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                     everyday is a journey.
If people bolt when 
things become difficult
they leave behind not 
only loved ones, but
also opportunities----
chances to contribute
to grow and to live
bravely.
Chad Thomas Johnston

Living as a Christian in a secular world has become one of the most difficult things I've ever experienced. The more I live and learn the Word of God, the harder it becomes. My most difficult example would be my work. Work has remained to be my biggest struggle. If we don't like our bank or a restaurant or even a neighbor, we can change, move or simply not speak to that person. We do not have the same option available to us at work. Many of us have been with the company way too many years and vested time to leave. No matter what we may feel toward our co-workers, we still have to be civil and work with one another.

I've always been envious of people who work in a Christian environment. Look at Church, for instance. Everyone is nice to one another. They treat each other with respect and you all have the same traditional values. That was what I thought in the past. I no longer feel that is true. There are so many various definitions of Christians that one has no idea if we all truly believe the same doctrine anymore. 

I am tired, my friends, exhausted. I'm tired of feeling smothered by the world we live in. I can no longer exercise my right to vote or freedom of speech. I have no say whether we have a same sex public restroom or not. I cannot say Jesus or use my Bible at work without offending someone. No one asked me or did I even have a choice when it came to taking God out of everything associated with America. For a fellow Christian to say to me I have to choose what moral values are more important is absurd to me. Why should I compromise at all?

Well, I never cared for Obama and I would have never voted for him regardless what party he belonged to, but when he won, I accepted it. The people have spoken and I went on with my life. I didn't go screaming all over social media calling everyone who voted for him "stupid or idiots or even racists." I didn't go out vandalizing property in protest. I didn't say to them they lacked intelligence. 

This Country is a democracy and people went out exercising their rights. They chose him. The people have spoken. Let's get on with our lives. When we feel we have no right to choose any longer, it's no longer a Democracy, but a dictatorship. I, myself, became quickly embroiled in this mess. When this happens, no one comes out smelling like a rose. Not I nor them. Everyone just looks like a sore loser. I see people signing off their social media page, because they're tired of being attacked. You know what I call that? Bullying!

You know, I have a very close friend whom I love dearly. We both voted differently. We have two completely different faiths. Somehow, we didn't kill each other. We didn't even question each others decision. We respected each other's right to vote. Maybe, it's time the rest of you did the same. The world has been broken for many centuries. It was broken during Abraham's time and it's broken now. It didn't happen on Election Day.

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...