Thursday, July 28, 2016

Throwback Thursday

                                           Everyday is a brand new day,

                                            everyday is a journey.

  Here we are on another Throwback Thursday where we take a look back in the year 2013 and provide an update on where we are now.

I felt very sad after reading this post. We were a group of 5 back then who were fighting cancer. Right now, there is only the two of us and I haven't seen him for a long time.  I know many people who have had a cancer scare or were dealt that card in life. When people have trials such as these, they cling to others who went through the same thing. There is an understanding between us that doesn't require any words. Expressions are enough.


Even though there were the five of us during this time, each of us were at a different level of acceptance. One of us, never accepted and struggled until the very end.

Storms From The Past

  The week began with the depressing news of Linda's friend (who also has cancer) in the hospital with pneumonia. For a minute there, we actually thought it was Linda in the hospital. That's what happens when you read only a part of the message . . . . you get it wrong.

  I also spoke to someone who has been ill for awhile and just found out she also has breast cancer. Every word that came out of her mouth reverberated with anger. She didn't have to yell, but it was obvious she was upset with the dose that life gave her.

  After hanging up, I realized she was me a year ago. That's how I felt the last time the cancer returned. You keep asking yourself: How many times will this happen to me ....? When will this be finally over? I understand how she feels.

  Once the memory vault opened up, I couldn't stop myself reverting to when it all began in the year 2007. That's where my mind has been all week. I can go back and relive everything without any sadness or depression. I never want to forget . . . . not ever. That was the best thing that ever happened to me as strange as that might sound.

  I also realized that I've never  really told anyone my full story. This blog was started halfway through my journey with cancer. Maybe, it's time to go back and revisit. For the next couple of days, let me tell you my story. Until then, have a Blessed Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...