Sunday, July 31, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #21

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Though waves and storms go o'er my head,
    Though strength and health and friends be gone,
  Though joys be withered all, and dead,
    Though every comfort be withdrawn,
  On this my steadfast soul relies,--
    Father! Thy mercy never dies.
JOHANN A. ROTHE.

These past weeks have been serving more of a dual purpose. Either it's a good day or a bad day kind of experience. Believe me, I couldn't wait for my last chemo, knowing that at least this part of my treatment would soon be over. It is a great comfort to know only a few more weeks and my life can go back to normalcy as soon as possible. 

I'm more than ready for the next chapter to begin. I know that purpose I was searching for is waiting for my complete recovery. That will involve many changes, but I believe these changes are both necessary and welcome. Change is good. 

It's funny how my life, looking into the future, may seem uncertain and yet, I'm content. I don't give the future too much of my time thinking and worrying over something I cannot control nor do I want to. I can die today and I will be fine. I can die next year and I would be fine. I don't think of my life in increments of life and death. To me, I'm living life whether here or in Heaven. Personally, I can't wait to give God's work full attention. That's a true contentment.

Like I said earlier, these past few weeks certainly have been a learning curve about myself and the people in my life. Not all the things I've discovered have been pleasant, especially in regards to myself. Sometimes, looking in that reflective mirror is way too revealing and we find that crack in our armor. No one wants to see that let alone deal with it.

The three of us here (Myself, Emily, Diamond) have finally adapted to each other and are no longer breathing within the other persons comfort zones. We respect each others space, or at least, Emily and I do. Diamond just does whatever she wants. Isn't that just like any pet?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...