Saturday, July 9, 2016

Simply A Linen Closet

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


To keep young, every day read a poem, hear a choice piece of music, view a fine painting, and, if possible, do a good action. Man's highest merit always is, as much as possible, to rule external circumstances, and as little as possible to let himself be ruled by them.
--Goethe.

It has been quite a few months since I have continued on with my simplification project. My energy levels hit an all time low and all I wanted was to sleep. Cleaning out and de-cluttering the last thing on my mind. Not to mention all these doctor appointments. 

So this time around I wanted to tackle the linen closet. As you can see it isn't utilized properly and very disorganized. 
 

I believe one of the problems happens to be that we buy in bulk majority of our products. This is something that is very economical and I would love to continue in doing, so we have to make this work.

Just looking at it makes one want to close the door and walk away.
Which I have on numerous occasions. One of the first things I needed to do is to make a plan for each of the shelves. What exactly did I want each shelf to hold. As expected, I found some treasures, discarded quite a bit and donated what I didn't need. 

In all honesty, organizing this closet took me a lot longer than anyone can imagine. Months longer. I just didn't have any desire to dig in there.The most surprising factor being that I put everything back in the exact shelf as before. So basically, all I did was clean it out and stack it a little neater. 

What does this say about me? Well, I guess I'm a creature of habit!

Have a Blessed day everyone.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...