Saturday, July 30, 2016

A Health Update

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.

The last thing I wanted to do was to get up early for an appointment with my radiation doctor. As much as I love him (he laughs at all my jokes) I felt extremely tired and wanted to lounge around at home. Something I do everyday. 

The weekend before, which was also the week of my last chemo, we all drove to Springfield for a Christmas in July family get together. As nice as it was, it did wear me out. It seems I've been laying around all week recuperating.

As I sat in Dr. H. office, I kept yawning secretly wishing I was at home. All in all, he did give me some good news. I have to do a Ct. scan and come back for a Sims. I have an idea of what that is, but I'm not sure I can explain it well to all of you. If everything comes back good, I might only need two weeks of daily radiation instead of five. I was so happy I almost kissed the poor man. All of this might be over sooner than what I thought. 

One  might think it couldn't get any better, but it did. One of the nurses came in and handed me this wonderful package from Subaru Inc. 


Usually, I'm the one passing out whatever my Ministry has made and this time, I'm the recipient. It felt good. Plus, it provided me with an idea of how others may be feeling whenever we donate. No matter how small something may appear to us, it is a blessing to feel loved by others. 

Have a blessed day everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...