Sunday, July 17, 2016

That Embarrassing Thing


                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I cannot do it alone, 
The waves run fast and high, 
And the fogs close chill around, 
And the light goes out in the sky;
But I know that we two 
Shall win in the end--God and I.
--Unknown

I have written on many aspects of cancer, but I've never really written about one of my biggest side effects affecting me during this treatment. It's not a very pleasant topic, actually more of an embarrassing one. 

Ever since my surgery, I'm having much difficulty going to the bathroom. I understand the fact that things need time to go back to normal. I also understand the fact that I'm having chemo, but somehow, I expected things to be better. If it isn't constipation, then it's diarrhea or inflammation of the hemorrhoids. Lord, there is nothing worse!

I can deal with anything and Lord knows I've done so, but this is horrible. There is no relief. One ends, the other begins. Just when one feels a little better, we begin the circle all over again. Is it any wonder that I'm dreading radiation? Daily dosage?

Has anyone else had this problem in regards to cancer treatment? I would love to hear that I'm not alone. Besides, just talking about it out loud makes me feel better. I should say that this isn't the first time I've experienced this issue. I've gone through it every single time. One would think I would be accustomed to it. Instead, I think, I end up dreading it. 

For those of you saying I should consult my doctor, I already did. She has kindly offered to provide a prescription for me, but I've decided to go the natural method. That was then and now I find myself caving in to her offer. Now that I've shared my embarrassing and personal moments, it's time to go. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...