Friday, July 15, 2016

Simplicity In Itself

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                    everyday is a journey.

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of meeting up with my mentor friend from Texas. I have such a beautiful history with her as she was the one who Baptized me back in 2008. We have come a long way since those first few years of our spiritual journey. We hung out together, exercised together, went to bible study and sat side by side in Church as two single mothers. She was my buddy and my date for many of Church functions where couples reigned.

You have no idea how devastated I was when she upped and left for Texas in one gigantic and bold swoop! That's Anna, never afraid to step out and take a chance. It took a long time to accept her move. I was so happy for her, because her life changed forever for the better with that one risky decision. Life is very good for her in Texas.  Yet, I still missed her and the relationship we shared.

So every year, Anna comes out to visit her family and we get together for breakfast. This year another friend of ours joined our breakfast and we shared a wonderful morning together reconnecting. 

There was a moment, a mere millisecond of a moment, when she pulled up in her brand new vehicle where I felt a tinge of envy. I'm not sure what brought that on. It could have been because of all the struggles I have had financially with my fmla which ended up holding my money for almost six weeks. Or it could have been because of my vehicle constantly breaking down during my treatment. I'm not exactly sure, but that tinge of envy surfaced for a minute. 

Just as suddenly as it came, it disappeared. You see, even if I had all the money in the world, I cannot see myself buying a car such as hers. I cannot see living in a huge home with all the state of the art technology or luxury furniture. I cannot see myself coiffured from my head down to my toes. It's just not who I am. I'm a wash and wear person. I love simplicity in all things. I know this, yet the devil is always working overtime to steal our JOY.

I've realized that Anna is living the life she was meant to live and I'm living the life I'm suppose to live. We're both happy in our skins, no matter how different those skins can be. I'm very grateful who I am in Christ and I wouldn't change much. Maybe just a little bit about my life. I definitely would have a Tiny House, plenty of yarn, surrounded by the country life, developing my writing skills.

Have a Blessed day everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...