Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Becoming A Mary

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                   everyday is a journey.


There is a story of Martha and Mary in the Bible. A story of two sisters who couldn't be more opposite in nature. One day, they were entertaining Jesus in their home. Mary, sat by His feet listening to all He had to say while Martha ran around absorbed in details of having such an important visitor in their home. Martha became very angry with her sister for not helping.

I am a Martha. I can quickly become involved in the busyness of life. It took me a long time to understand why Mary was the better person here. Mary took the time to spend and learn from Jesus while Martha was too busy being lost in all the details. Martha missed out on quite a lot by her own doing.

This morning, as I again headed to my bed with my coffee and toast, I had a sort of an epiphany. You see, here I am provided an opportunity to take it easy and rest. Yet, instead of enjoying this moment, I'm complaining and fighting myself. Here I've been searching for that new purpose in my life and instead of resting my mind, body and soul for it, I'm rebelling. 

Why do we feel guilt for when we rest? How can I be productive when that new purpose does arrive if I don't take the time to smell the roses now? How many people wish they had an opportunity to catch up on reading or watching their favorite program? When I do go back to work, I'd be praying for a couple of days off. 

So no more complaints of too much idleness or at least for now. Wink! It's time to catch up on The Walking Dead or A Chef's Life. Or something else. Bring out the books piled high on my book shelf. It's time to be more like Mary and see what lessons I'm here to learn. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...