Thursday, June 11, 2015

Throwback Thursday

This is one of my top five favorite postings of all time. I love to look back and see how God was working the idea of a crocheting ministry within me. He was slowly preparing me for this very purpose.

Did I know it? Absolutely not! All I felt was that there was something new on the horizon for me. In fact, that feeling has been there ever since my journey with cancer began. It's as if the cancer and the crocheting are intertwined   somehow. Perhaps, even this blog.

Who knows what else will be in store for me in the coming years. I'm ready to continue this journey onto a new path, as scary as it may be.  

A Basket Of Yarn
 A basket of yarn and a dream begins..........

  Not too long ago , I wrote in this very blog about a dream I wanted to fulfill involving booties for St. Jude . This past weekend , I was presented with a basket of beautiful yarn to make that dream happen . it didn't take long for a crocheting frenzy to begin . That's what I've been on.....a crocheting frenzy .
  Folks , something happened inside me when I saw that basket . A renewed hope has given birth . Whatever happens in my life , I will make that dream come true . If any of you would like to join me on this quest .....that would be great . I want to knit or crochet children's booties or slip on socks for the St. Jude's Hospital.
  Let's give ourselves a deadline . What time frame do you think it should be ? Six months ? A year ? How long ? How many do you think we can make if all of us participate ? Maybe , you don't know how to knit or crochet but would like to help .......donate some yarn instead . Get those knitting needles and crocheting hooks out !!!!

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...