Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Early Morning

Photos by Dr. Joey Krol
 
We all have a favorite place or a favorite time when we gather to rest in our perfect solace.


It is a secret place where we dine on the beauty of God's Creation and sip the cup of awe and wonder of His Grace.

The morning has always been my favorite place and time. Even when the children were small, after sending them off to school, I'd sit on the porch sipping my coffee and reading a local newspaper before starting my day.

This morning, while writing at my desk, I can't help but look outside my window. This is my favorite place to be. No matter what Season it is, this picture window of mine displays God's glorious world  and the life living in it.

I cannot help but think of last night when I arrived home from work. It was a particularly difficult day at work with the humidity high inside and no breath of wind anywhere. The packaging floor happens to be a very large room with all sorts of machinery running generating even more heat. It was very hot and stifling!

My left leg, all swollen up, felt like a cement block every time I took a step. All through my leg arthritis sent pain waves shooting up from my thigh to my toes. All this rain, humidity and dampness just too much for me. I could have taken a whole bottle of medication to no avail.

To say I couldn't wait to go home would have been an understatement. All I wanted was relief.

The minute I opened my front door, coolness greeted me and I immediately plopped down on my bed to  a huge Ahhhhh! There is no place like home. I could travel all over the world, but nothing  compares to the comfort and serenity of our little apartment.

What is your favorite time or place? What provides that peace that we all need? I know my sanctuary, my haven, my sanity, do you know yours?

Have a Blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...