Sunday, June 21, 2015

Encouraging Women

I've found my voice in the written word. We're all looking for a place where our gifts can shine. I just happen to have found  mine at a much later date in life.

Since then, I've discovered my spiritual gifting as a way to encourage and empower other women that it's never too late to discover God's calling for us.

As I grow older, I believe my role as a woman is to encourage other women, especially the younger ones. I believe it is our duty to be the understanding encourager rather than the judgmental "grandma" who isn't living in the times.

 Little do they know that it doesn't have anything to do with the times. Women have been dealing with the same struggles,  generation after generation, the only difference being the dress code. We can see the red flags of life almost immediately, because we have been there ourselves.

Instead, younger women have a tendency  to look upon us older ladies as not understanding their situation. We're too old fashioned and things like this never happened in our youth. Yeah, right.

Yet, there are the others who look for the Naomi in all of us. I want to be that Naomi. Sometimes I feel stressed out or way too busy to stop  and be there for the sisters in my life. I feel guilt because of the time restraints and obligations of life. I wish I was more available to them.

There never seems to be enough of time.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...