Friday, June 5, 2015

Spend The Day With Me:Pt.3

My ministry life.

My ministry life was a total surprise to me. When I first began, my thoughts were that perhaps two or three ladies would stop by and we would leisurely crochet together once a month. I never thought it would turn into this fulltime ministry.

Before I go any further, let me say this: I love what I'm doing and I wholeheartedly wish I could do this for a living, but one needs to pay bills. As time consuming as it is, I feel as if I was born  to do this. Even though I'm a loner by nature, I push myself to mingle with people in general. This is one way to do that. If I could live in the woods by myself somewhere, I would, but we are made to be with others.

Like I said, I thought of this as a friendly get together for a few hours of women fellowship. What I failed to realize is that someone would have to go out and buy the supplies. Someone would have to rally around for donations of material and yarn. Someone would have to find charities, check their hours and schedules. Someone would have to make those deliveries.

What about the care of the Facebook page? Someone needs to keep track of receipts, paperwork, schedules, dates, phone numbers etc. I keep track of what has been  donated and to whom, everything is documented to a T in case there may be a question. The e-mails alone are a work in progress. I have subscribed to several charitable organizations so I am aware of any events that may be coming up.

Yet, I love every single moment of it. Time consuming ? Of the four, this takes up so much of my time. If I'm not preoccupied with any of the three, I'm doing ministry work. That can include cutting, pasting, crocheting, packaging, mailing, delivering, shopping etc. You name it.

Someone once said that I loved to be busy and she was right. As much as I complain, I'm glad of the busyness in my life to keep me going.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...