Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Single Life


It's difficult to be single nowadays. Trying to stay virtuous or even committed to one person has become a huge mountain to climb for young people today. Everyone seems to be into experimentation and sowing their wild oats before it's too late. Some don't even know who they are on the inside or the outside.

I can honestly tell you that one of the things I regret the most in life is that I didn't spend enough time investing into searching that one mate for me. I chose all the wrong detours and wrong avenues picking the wrong type of men for myself.

My decisions resulted in both of my children growing up without a father in their life during their childhood. I didn't even think about what kind of father they would make. All I wanted was a good looking man with a job. I didn't even consider his faith,  what type of husband he would make or how he treated my parents.

Any young people today who are looking for someone who can fulfill the list above  are considered religious freaks and sheltered beings. They are bombarded with constant refrains of live a little and turn it up as if one needed all that to have a good time.

I remember many mornings after in my hay day and I can't remember them being too much of a good time while feeling nauseated with a hangover. I do remember not receiving that phone call after living it up the night before. I also remember the shame. How is any of this fulfilling and having a great time?

I'm not trying to preach or to judge, I can only speak from experience. I wish I did wait for the right man, even if he did take his time in appearing, but I didn't and here we are today.

Have a Blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...