Saturday, June 6, 2015

Spend The Day With Me:Pt.4


My writing life.

Of the four, my writing life has the least amount of my time. This may sound hard to believe since I post a blog daily or at least try to. I have a very short window as to when I can sit down and write. When it's gone, it's gone.

People assume that I write the blog I've posted that very same day. Sometimes, that is true, but on the average, it can take several days to finish just that one piece.

Writing is not as easy as it looks. I can stare at a blank page and not one single word pops into mind. My best time is morning, because I am one of those writers that needs quiet nor interference of any kind. When an idea comes, that flow cannot be interrupted or it passes by and I can't get it back. Many times I've had great material only to lose it completely, because a call came through or a knock on the door.

In fact, I have several drafts started (17 right now) of different stories and I try to add on to each one until it is completed. There are those rare days where I can start and finish within the hour. Those are very rare, indeed.

Sometimes, when I'm driving or at work or standing in a line, ideas pop into my head and I wish I had a tape recorder. I've made it a point to carry a small notepad and pen just for moments like those.

I've expanded my writing a little bit by challenging myself into other arenas besides blogging. All in all, I've found a therapeutic escape for myself and it goes by the name of writing. In the perfect world, I see myself writing in the morning  and crocheting in the evening. In the perfect world, not here.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...