Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tea In The Afternoon

When I was a little girl, I would accompany my mother when she visited a friend of hers. This lady friend was extremely eccentric, had so many knick knacks all over her home and many cats and dogs. To earn extra money, she always had tenants so her home seemed overflowing with people.

I truly loved going there, because of all the interesting things that I would see. All those animals, the treasures , the different ethnic group of people that lived there, but most of all the afternoon tea she would serve.

It wasn't just tea or coffee that she would serve. There always was a cake with that tea. It could be a pound cake or coffeecake or just plain cookies, but I loved the whole act of going back in time to an era of time past.

To this day, I have a deep love of things of long ago, especially the Victorian, English-style and the forties era. Anytime there is a program or series featuring that era, I make a point to watch.

Sometimes, I wonder if this appreciation stems from my many visits to this woman's home. It is a wonderful reminder of a glorious time in my life. So many beautiful memories spent with this lovely woman.

Do you have special memories from your childhood that have formed an appreciation, a love of certain things? I would love to hear about them.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...