Thursday, June 18, 2015

Throwback Thursday

Not long after I began this blog, the family and I were at a get together discussing that very fact. A small discussion went around the room the topic being my ability to write. Everyone was amazed that it sounded pretty darn good.

When it came round to a particular person, they made a remark how it was okay, but a little too dark for them. They couldn't take that on a regular basis for fear of becoming depressed.

I was not offended then and I'm not offended now. You see, honesty keeps us humble. I do have a tendency to whine and I have realized that everyone has different tastes. What appeals to me, may not appeal to anyone else.

Besides, I'm more the Erma Bombeck crowd rather than a suave modern geek. Wink.

A Broken Record
     A broken record means repeating something over and over again to the brink of insanity . What have I repeated ? I don't feel good . That has become my fave line . I have said it so often that I have grown to dislike that line .
    I've noticed that my daughter even added this line to her dialogue . Right after I start saying it  , she intervenes with her own list of medically inclined illnesses . She doesn't feel good , either .
    I guess , my car also doesn't  feel good . Ever since  I  announced in September that my cancer returned , my car started breaking down . Not even two weeks go by without some sort of breakdown . Yesterday , the wheel started shaking while driving . Of course . The car doesn't feel good .
  This morning , Diamond pranced over to Emily and started meowing . I'm sure it was about an ailment of some sort she was feeling . Why not ? I've created a broken record for this household to uphold .
  Need to post a warning sign for anyone coming near in case they also develop a broken record of their own . BEWARE .....SOME WHINING MAY INCURR UPON ASKING ,"HOW ARE YOU FEELING ".

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...