Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Long And Winding Road

There is a road that I would take every time I visited my baby brother and his family. I loved going through there, because it was surrounded by the forest preserve. Since the road was single lane on each side, it gave it the appearance of driving through the forest.

On a good day, one could see a single deer or a family feeding close to the edge. Nature is beautiful. No matter what Season we were in, those trees were gorgeous.

This reminds me of my walk with God. I have been on numerous paths, some have been curvy, some hidden with potholes and some straight. There has also been many Seasons and not always filled with sunshine.

Yet, no matter if I was angry or disappointed with God, my love for Him has never waivered. I am amazed at His power, His love and His forgiveness. Yet, there are people who don't feel as I. There are people who fall away from God during storms.

What makes some of us stronger than others? Is it the journey we are on? Or the level, the intensity of our Faith? Why do some people give up while others become even stronger?

I have two friends that are going through a storm. In a way, both their storms are almost alike even though they have never met each other. Yet, one is falling apart and the other holding on. Our journeys maybe  so much alike and yet so different.

 I believe the devil is always looking for a place to set his foothold and when he does, things unravel like a frayed sweater. We have to be on guard at all times to protect these four walls of our home, our life. Staying on that road, no matter the condition of it, is a full time job. Don't become distracted while the enemy sneaks in to rob us of our joy.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...