Thursday, April 23, 2015

Throwback Thursday

I can proudly say that my room no longer resembles a hoarders paradise! The minute it begins to get crowded in here, I know it's time to make another delivery to a charity.

As to the rest of the house, organization is an ongoing process on which we constantly try to improve on. I have found that I no longer hold onto everything. I have become very choosy as to what I want to keep to pass on to the next generation.

Everything else can always be donated. In my Ministry I have found that there are various organizations that would love to have any kind of support. Women shelters, both homeless and abused, are always on the lookout for items, especially the household type. These shelters also help the women in finding jobs and apartments. Since they usually have children, they are only too happy for any donations pertaining to the home and suits plus accessories for interviews.

Besides, I think that we all have a little bit of a hoarder inside of us. We love to hold on to things, because they are our memory treasures. They remind us of the good times and even the sad times. So go easy on yourself, you are normal.

A Hoarders Life It Is
  Remember those boxes in my bedroom that I shuffled from corner to corner ? Well , they are unpacked . In their place are plastic storage boxes that I organized all these things in . My bedroom is the only room in the apartment that is always full of stuff . I'll clean it up and in a day or two , something else will take their place . All the other rooms are  organized neatly , except my bedroom .
  It's very symbolic , reflecting my personal life . By nature I am a very frugal person and I do not believe in waste . I reuse and recycle . My room is full of stuff that I don't need but will not get rid of . I am a hoarder .
  Here I am on the eve of my chemo staying up all night (03:24 am ) going through this stuff . In a few hours , I will have my third chemo .It's a halfway point .I'm halfway there . I'm almost done . Trepidation and anxiety take over because I'm not ready . I'm not where I should be by now . I'm still surrounded by a mess .
  What am I hoarding ? Honey , I have a jar of mix-matched buttons because one day I will look in my closet and see that all the buttons went missing and I'll have buttons to sew on again . I have all my taxes going back to 1984 in case I'm audited . I have recipes from all over the world because one day I will make sausage by scratch  and smoke it , too . I still have my skinny clothes  ( size 7 ) because in a few hours I will step onto the scale and a miracle will happen and I'll need those skinny clothes . It could happen . Miracles happen everyday . Stop snickering .
   I have box upon box of craft materials like doll heads , eyes , beads ,sequins , felt , magnets etc. because I plan on going into a frenzy making crafts for everyone in my family for Christmas .......one day . I have knitting needles of every shape and color . I have knitting patterns and I don't even know how to knit . I crochet . I don't have any crocheting patterns .
    Under my kitchen sink I have hundreds of plastic bags . I made a vow last week that I refuse to buy anymore trash bags until all of these plastic bags are gone . I have a huge stack of poster
board that I have been saving up for my kids at Sunday School for all those projects that may come up . I made the first step in my addiction to hoarding .....I cut up all that poster board in different shapes for the base for Emily's cakes . I made a care package to send to my family in Poland of those skinny clothes . I maybe a hoarder but I'm a frugal hoarder !

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...