Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Medical What?


I never  wanted this blog to become filled with medical terms. Instead, I wanted this to be about a journey of acceptance. Of being able to live as normally as possible while enduring a chronic illness. I wanted this blog to be an encouragement to others rather than a depressing list of medical endeavors.

Honestly, unlike many other patients, I don't really pay that much attention to what are all the names of the various drugs and treatments. I just wanted to get on with it and move on. Not very smart on my part, I guess.

I wanted to get on with my life and not be focusing on all the cancer medical stuff. Whenever I'm in the company of other people with a chronic disease, it is quite the opposite. They know everything about their disease. They remember the names of their first, second, and third treatments. I, on the other hand, can only remember the one that hurt the most.

I end up walking away from the encounter feeling a little put out, but only for a second. My mind may not retain all that information, because it doesn't care to. I'm so focused on the here and now that I push out the depressing. I have no desire to spend what little time I have left consumed by the medical.

This is in no way a reprimand to those that are doing the very fact I mentioned. There is nothing wrong in doing so. In fact, I admire anyone that can remember all the medical terms years later, but it's not for me. I know what I need to know for that moment and then I'm off. God controls everything. Whatever decision I make , the outcome already has been predestined. My story has already been written, both the beginning and the end. I particularly like the end.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...