Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Dilemna

There is a Native American saying: “Tell me, and I’ll forget.  Show me, and I may not remember.  Involve me, and I’ll understand.”

I woke up to the pitter patter of raindrops against my windowpane. I knew today would be a rainy day spent indoors lazily crocheting and some writing. That's all I planned on my agenda, even debated whether or not I should do a load of laundry. Chores eventually won.

Somewhere mid morning my mom called informing me I could pick up that daybed anytime and that she would be home by seven that evening. You see, the rain didn't stop her from getting up early and heading out the door in search of a new couch, some grocery and light window shopping, then Church.

My new couch is coming Monday. Come pick up the daybed.

I looked around my bedroom, the last thing on my mind was redecorating anything. I've been wanting to catch up on some of my writing for weeks now. I've had a couple of stories started for my niece's journal that I've wanted to finish. Besides, writing can't be turned on and off like a switch. One had to be in the right frame of mind.

Instead, I have to worry  about how in the world I'm going to move the old one down a flight of stairs and pick up a new one. I wasn't always so helpless. In my younger days, I had the strength of a bull or at least my mother would tell me. I'd probably lift that daybed all by myself then. Now, I just plain struggle. 

Resigning myself to my new appointed task, I set to work making room for my new addition. I'm both thrilled  and worried at the prospect of getting rid of the bed I've had for years. This new one comes with storage space underneath, something I'm in great need of. That alone, makes me grateful for this wonderful surprise gift. 

Now, how am I gonna bring it here?

Have a Blessed day everyone.              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...