Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 19

I didn't want to get up this morning. The sun was streaming through my window invitingly and yet, I turned over to the other side blocking any view.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, my leg really bothering me, keeping me up at night. I end up tossing and turning, sleeping in small spurts.

It doesn't help that it happens to be  one of my busiest weeks. So what else is knew? So is everyone else. In all my moaning and groaning, my daughter always sets me straight. Isn't that funny how our roles have changed?

Mom, this is Holy week. Jesus was suffering all week and so must we.

She is so right. This is one of the most important weeks of the year. Are people even aware of the importance here? I hope so, but deep down inside I know that to many of them it's all about Easter Sunday and even then for the wrong reasons.

We become so engrossed in our own daily grind that we forget how incredibly lucky we really are to have a Father who continually has shown us Grace. I know I am guilty always complaining and feeling shortchanged.

This is Holy Week. Let's not forget the greatest gift ever bestowed to us by our Father, His Son Jesus.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...