Sunday, April 19, 2015

Swing On Up

When I was a little girl, the swings were my favorite part of the park. I didn't want  to do anything else, but swing as high as I could go. It seems that everyone else loved them too, since they were always occupied.

It's like that in life. Everyone wants the good things in life. If we could have chosen our own lives, we certainly wouldn't choose the one we have, right? I mean, back then when we were babes, nobody would choose ovarian cancer as their lot in life. Yet, I can't imagine my life any other way. This is who I am and I like the person that cancer has made me.

My cancer is like my third arm or leg. It is attached to me in a way that I hardly notice it's there. I guess I have become accustomed to it as part of my everyday living.

I've been feeling restless all day today, not sure as to what I should be doing. Everything I tried held absolutely no appeal to me at all. My left leg was hurting all weekend long, throb after throb, making sleep difficult. My taste buds fared the same. Nothing satisfied me.

If there ever was a day that I wanted to go swinging high up to the sky, it was today. Maybe that would have cleared the cobwebs from my head.

There are days that make no sense or have no real purpose. There is no great accomplishment to be spoken of, it's just a lazy day filled with lazy happenings.

I don't want anything right now. I just want to go swinging!

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...