Monday, April 13, 2015

Sweet Monday

The big moment has finally arrived! I can have sugar! Yet, I find I'm feeling guilty and cannot bring the mug of  coffee to my lips without shame. Isn't that silly? It's only a spoonful of sugar.
 
I feel as if I'm changed inside somehow, because of this experience. What is different? Why am I even feeling ashamed?

I went out and bought chips, had some cake and a coffee. I can honestly tell you that I felt a sugar high. Ended up drinking tons of water to flush it out. Now I'm done with my sugar and junk food overdose, I can go back to a minimal glucose intake on a daily basis.

Yes, you heard me right. I've decided to keep going with less sugar in my life. There will be sugar in my coffee everyday, but only a slice of dessert once in a while.

I think I have overcome one of the most difficult challenges in my life. I've purposely stayed away from going that way during a fast, because of my weakness. Now I know I can do it.

There is a liberating feeling in knowing I've overcome something that had a hold on me in the past. I felt the same way when I finally learned how to drive at the age of 35 and when I've moved on my own. Now, if I could give up these two mugs of coffee . . . .

On the other hand, Emily and I headed out to the Social Security office to reapply for her card that I "lost" somewhere. That's what she gets for leaving it in my capable hands so it won't get misplaced. Well, I really hid it well, because we turned this place upside down and no card.

Boy, God is great! We prayed before we left that things would go well and we would get in and out without much waiting. We were out in 44 minutes from start to finish. How's that for answered prayers!

On our way out, I wished her "administrator" that handled her paperwork a very pleasant day.

A pleasant day only? he answers.

Well yes, it's only Monday!

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...