Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Calming Joy

I'm grateful, truly grateful for all the blessings bestowed upon me lately.

One of my many faults happens to be worry. I worry about everything under the sun. I worry about the car breaking down, paying my bills, doing a good job at work. I even worry about the future of my adult children.

The problem with worry is that one never ceases. There's always something to fret about. Besides, worry is not trusting God to take care on His promise to us.

So I'm trying my very best to be the opposite of worry. My goal is to look for things to be grateful for, because He does provide for us even in the smallest ways. They don't always have to be grand gestures. We need to start seeing the good in all bad situations that we are faced with.

So when my mom called regarding that daybed, I didn't worry about the how. I just knew God would provide. Of course, we prayed about it and left it in His hands. I thought to myself that I needed to take care of first things first and not worry ahead of time.

We broke it up into three stages. Stage one meant getting rid of the existing bed, which we did ourselves. Stage two meant getting the daybed into my truck somehow, which we did with the help of my mom's neighbors. So here we were, three old women and an old guy, carrying this daybed down twists and turns of an apartment building into the truck. I don't know how we did it. Stage three I left to Emily and asked her to find someone at church while she taught Sunday School.

Well let me tell you, there is something about men and their strength. They lifted that sofa like it was nothing. The entire episode lasted mere minutes for them to hoist out of my truck and up a flight of stairs. I'm embarrassed to say how long it took us women to do the same.

Either way, I am a so very blessed by all the help that was bestowed upon us. Even the fact that I have a new bed is amazing to me since I didn't even ask for it. He just provided as always.

I hope I continue to stay on this quiet path of no worries. I'm sure I will definitely slip since it is difficult to break a bad habit, but I will do my best to try. So grateful. So blessed. So lucky to have God in my life.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...