Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 27


I'm ashamed to say that I've forgotten this story. Yet, the minute I began reading, I also began crying. Why? The intense emotion that enveloped my heart came alive once again.

Oh, to bring someone such Joy, such happiness. Who wouldn't want to experience something so grand?

We take so much for granted that we cannot even imagine something simple like a hug could be just what a person needs the most. To them, it may be the greatest gift one can give them.

As we go out into the world today, let us remember the simple gifts we can give each other to help one another along in this difficult place we live in.

Have a Blessed day everyone.


The Greatest Gift
   I can see His compassion and tenderness toward needy people . His intense love for His followers .
                                                                                                        31 Days Of Praise (pg.43)
        After reading that Quote , I immediately thought of a young couple ( both 16 ) that found out they were expecting  a child . This was on an episode of  " 16 And Pregnant ". Never really watched this program before but that morning there was a marathon of episode after episode on .  There was I , glued to the set , disgusted with the young men leaving .
      Finally , this couple comes on . Both look younger than their 16 age . They decided to give their child up for adoption to a Christian couple . They knew they were not ready to be parents . The tears they cried when their daughter was born were heart wrenching . The tears the adoptive parents cried when they held their Carolyn were heartwarming . I was a total mess for those  30 minutes .
      I witnessed the greatest gift from one person to another . I want to do that . I want to give someone a gift that money can't buy . I want to touch someone's life in a way where they are inspired , encouraged or transformed .
      Imagine a Christmas where the only gifts are those we give of ourselves . Maybe giving  someone who is lonely a gift of your time . Or making dinner for a sick friend . No material gift will bring more joy to those adoptive parents than the sacrifice of the teen couple . How beautiful !!!

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...