Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day 18


What a morning! Woke up early to a message from our landlord that there will be no water for a couple of hours since a plumper was coming. He sent it last night and I was too tired to check my messages when I came home from work. That's alright, still had time to fill up all my pitchers, jugs, and large pots with water.

Found out last night at work we had a shutdown day for Good Friday with only a small crew coming in. Guess who is part of that small crew? My heart sank as I wanted to have that day off, too. I'm over it now, and looking forward to getting a nice check.

Emily reminded me she was spending her Easter weekend volunteering, so she wasn't going to be here either. Of course, with Good Friday service, Easter Egg Hunt and three services on Sunday, she will be extremely busy.

Friends, this Saturday will be my Mystery Marathon Weekend, so I am unavailable. I plan on locking myself in my room with the coffee machine, a bottle of red wine and a basket of yarn. I'll see ya on Sunday.

Plus, food holds no appeal to me right now. I know I'm crying like a big baby, but this is the hardest thing I've ever down. . . .literally. I'm staring at my breakfast of oatmeal with no sprinkle of sugar on top and a mug of coffee that tastes bitter.

Now for something  light and amusing. Found this in my e-mail box from Grandma Barb. Enjoy.


TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS  - AND, PONDER THE FOLLOWING:

Your kids are becoming you. 
But your grandchildren are perfect.
Going out is good,   
Coming home is better!
You forget names.  
But it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you!
You realize you're never going to be really good at anything,
Especially golf!
The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do.
But you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore!
You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. 
It's called "pre-sleep".
You miss the days when everything worked with, 
Just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
You tend to use more 4 letter words
"What?" .. . . "When?". . . "????"
Now that you can afford expensive jewelry,
It's not safe to wear it anywhere.
You notice everything they sell in stores is,
Sleeveless!
What used to be freckles,
Are now liver spots.
You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet.
2 of which you will never wear.
But Old is good in some things.
Old Songs, Old Movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...