Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 14

If you are anything like the way I was in the past, you ignore aches and pains that our bodies provide to let us know something isn't so. I have learned the hard way to listen to my body and the signals it sends. Now, I don't mean for you to become a hypochondriac, but I do want you to be aware of any signs that are irregular.
 
By that I mean, go have regular checkups at your family doctor and dentist. If there is anything out of whack, they will provide the necessary biometric screenings or blood work to find out. This applies to women in particular regarding those dreaded pap smears and mammograms.
 
I cannot stress to you the importance of these tests. I am paying for my past lack of this advice. Even now, I'm guilty for postponing a visit to the podiatrists regarding my knee, which I plan on rectifying as soon as possible.
 
Believe me, I am dreading the multiple visits that I know will ensue following my initial visit. There will be x-rays and needles, probably even a few physical therapy sessions. All of which will take a lot of my vacation time from work, time that I would prefer saving.
 
When it comes to anything pertaining doctors and my health, I terribly miss my third shift. That shift allowed me to schedule my visits without missing a day of work. I know I have complained and looked forward to living like a normal person with normal work hours, but I can now see that it isn't  for me. I would go back to third shift in a heartbeat.
 
Sometimes, we have to learn the hard way.
 
Nowadays, when I'm tired, I take a nap. If something hurts, my doctor knows about it. I do all that I can to take better care of myself and you should, too.
 
Have a Blessed day everyone.
 
P.S.
I've been thinking of keeping this no sugar thing for good or at least another month. The only thing is the coffee, the coffee. I want good coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...