Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday's Sunshine


It is cold out there, folks! I could certainly use some sunshine and flowers in my life. I don't mean any kind of sunshine. I want the sunshine that you can feel upon your face, the warmth of it slowly kissing your freckles.

As I headed out this morning to my dentist for my stitches to be removed, I shivered and shivered with the cold. The car needs a good washing, with the windows blurred from all the dirt of Winter. Not to mention, my fluids needed replenishing.

I'm so tired of this weather already. All that snow from the previous storm has turned to ice and not everyone shovels their sidewalks. For someone old as me, all this climbing over the ice is dangerous and tiresome.

One could wash the car every day and still it will be covered with Winter's filth. Even my cozy apartment no longer feels cozy, but drafty. I have a sneaky feeling my landlord has our heat on a timer.

I am done with this Season.

I want to open up my windows and air my place out. I want to change my curtains and watch them billowing in the breeze. I want to hear  birds chirping as they welcome each new morning.

Doesn't that sound wonderful?

I know, I know. We're almost there with March entering into the mix, but my impatience is running on low. For now, I can only look at pictures of sunflowers and hope it will be here soon.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...