Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 1

I woke up this morning fuming, with a huge frown and a scowl on my face, muttering obscenities under my breath. The kitchen needed a wiping down, the coffee to be made and the floor swept. Nothing new here. I do this every morning and yet, today it really bothered me. 

The coffee had to be made twice, the first time grounds seeped somehow through the filter. The prospect of my oatmeal without that sprinkle of sugar on top depressed me somehow. Even my coffee wasn't turning out the way I always enjoyed it. 

Coffee is important to  me. I've spent my life drinking coffee all day long. When I quit smoking years ago, coffee lost it's wonderful taste to me. Yet, when I tried altogether to quit drinking coffee, these headaches ensued and I wasn't strong enough to go cold turkey.

So now, every morning I have two huge mugs of coffee with cream and two teaspoons of sugar. I look forward to those two mugs. I need those two mugs, along with my bowl of oatmeal.

I guess, I woke up grumpy knowing it wouldn't taste good before I even dug in and it wasn't. I think that my coffee will be the hardest thing to muster. No sugar . . . . . who came up with that smart idea?

Have a blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...