Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 5

What is a smile? Someone once wrote:
“A smile costs nothing, but creates much good. It enriches those who receive it without impoverishing those who give it away. It happens in a flash, but the memory of it can last forever. No one is so rich that he can get along without it. No one is too poor to feel rich when receiving it. It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad and nature’s best anecdote for trouble. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen.”
Adrian Rodgers

So it's Monday once again, folks! No matter how we are feeling or the kind of weekend we may have had, it's time to buckle up and roll up our sleeves  for work.

This morning I will be on first shift! I have been volunteered to partake in an event where a group of workers from various departments get together and work on a selected area and make necessary improvements.

I do have to admit that this is my first time and normally the rest of the associates look upon the finished " area " worked on as to say why even bother with it. Now the shoe will be on the other foot so to speak.

The only thing is that we will arrive at a different hour than the scheduled shift. Whereas they begin their day from 06:30 a.m. until 02:30 p.m., we will be there from 8a.m. until 4p.m. I am not happy with these hours since it falls directly upon rush hour. Ugh, wish me luck folks, since I have to do this for three whole days!

On the positive side, I have wanted to have a taste of working during the normal hours like everyone else in the world, being home in the evenings. That hasn't happened since I was 20 years old. It will be interesting to see how this will end. Emily is happy to have me home for supper. I told her, I expect to have it ready on the table when I walk in ( hehehehe ). I can't publish what happened next.

On the downside, the invitation stated that breakfast and lunch will be provided for all three days. My first instinct tells me it will be sweet rolls, muffins and bagels, but I'm hoping for the best. Lunch , I'm sure will be pizza.

What exactly we will be working on is a total mystery to me. Never done this before, so I have no clue. I thought it may provide a small excursion from the everyday blahs of work. Don't worry, folks, You will be hearing about this as the week progresses.

So put on those smiles and flash those grins as this new week unfolds.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...