Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 12

If you've been a regular reader on this blog, you know that work has been a challenge for me these past few years. I struggle on a daily basis to maintain a positive outlook. I'm not sure why. Is it because of the current uncertain atmosphere or is it because I have been there 20 years already? I'm forever looking for ways to improve my attitude regarding my job.

I came upon a familiar phrase I've heard and seen many times: God is at work. What if God really was at my work? What would that look like? Would it be visible or hidden? Throughout the day, I searched for signs of God being here.

Almost immediately, I found one. An associate told me of how her prayers were answered in the form of her vehicle being fixed for a mere fraction of the price. Her face radiated happiness among the Monday blues of everyone else.

Also, I was able to find a great parking spot instead of driving around halfway around the facility and then walking. As I parked, I saw another associate throwing snowballs, grinning boldly the entire time. Even during the Monday blues, we are able to find some fun.

Inside, I met up with a friend who looked pretty upset with herself. She had forgotten her smock or sweater to wear over her outfit. She felt self-conscious of her weight being visible, especially since the majority of her work was among other people. She felt exposed. I ran into her again a few minutes later, only to find her doing her backup position of sitting behind a desk. God took her discomfort in mind that day.

My day went by pretty quickly. I was so occupied with my work and in looking for these signs that my night was over in a flash. I looked up at the clock and it was almost time to leave. I had to smile, because God was really here with me today. He knew how hard it would be for me and He kept me busy, making sure I made it through my day.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

P.S.
 I've decided to weigh myself since it was Monday and it's been 12 days since my no sugar quest. I weighed in at 213lbs at the start and now I weighed in at 209.5lbs. It was a pretty darn good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...