Wednesday, March 11, 2015

30 Days

Last night upon returning home from work, I sat down to enjoy a snack that  Emily prepared earlier. It was a decadent dessert consisting of a brownie base, with a layer of vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries, whipped cream and topped with a chocolate ganache. It was simply delicious! All of it homemade!
 
As I sat there, enjoying this late night snack, I couldn't help, but feel quilty. I knew I would regret this very much so in the morning.
 
Lately, I have been feeling heavy, tired and winded. My weight has been the same with the occassional flipflop of five pounds going either up or down, but never more. My eating habits have changed drastically over the years by adding a diet of fruit and veggies. The only thing that has remained the same has been my sweets intake.
 
It's very difficult to say no when you have a daughter who bakes on a regular basis.
 
I thought of all the diets I have been on over the years. The same goes for any fasts that I have embarked on. I never chose anything too difficult and opted to go for fruits/veggies. I eat that everyday anyway.
 
What if I gave up sugar?
 
Immediately after saying it out loud, I wanted to take it all back. Eliminating sugar would be too much. I love sugar. What about my coffee in the morning? I can't drink coffee without cream and sugar. Yuck!

Already I'm suspecting it won't go well at all.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...