Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Thought Conditioners

I'm fat .

I'm aging terribly , looking older than what I am .

People will talk about me .

I'm such a bad teacher .

This is how I think about my own self-worth . I put myself down before anyone else can by using sarcasm or making fun of myself . Self-doubt and uncertainty lurk behind the crevices of my mind , ready to pop out at the lastest opportunity .

Since happiness and effectiveness depend upon the kinds of thoughts we think , it is absolutely impossible to be happy if we think unhappiness producing thoughts .

This has always been my problem . Why do I do that ? Not really sure . I think I rather critique myself  and hide all my faults because I'm afraid of seeing my imperfections reflected in people's eyes .

A man's life is what his thoughts make of it .

This pattern has trickled down to my children . I hear it in their words as they speak of themselves and I want this cycle to stop here with me . I feel terrible that I have passed this down to them .

As long as we are respectful and don't swear , I don't think we give much thought to what we say in front of our children . We spend so much time trying to instill how they treat others , we forget to show them how to treat themselves . . . . or at least , I didn't .

If ye abide in Me and My words abide in you  ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you .

In simple words : fill your mind with spiritual words . You will condition your personality with spiritual power so God's will can operate within you . The words of the Bible are great thought conditioners . We just need to read them more often .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...