Thursday, May 30, 2013

Simply .. . . .

Some of the best things in life are the simple things that cost absolutely no money . Simple things , when used , have a huge effect on our bodies .

Simply water :
Water , has been my lifesaver ! It's great for nausea , upset stomach , dehydration , diarrhea , constipation . . . . basically everything . I also like to drink water after a very filling meal to get rid of that heavy feeling .

I have to be honest , water is something new to me . It's only entered  my life a year and a half ago . A nurse from my insurance sent me a cookbook for cancer patients . This cookbook also listed the side effects of chemo and what remedies one can eat or drink to help ease the discomfort . Water was listed as a remedy for almost all side effects . I was so nauseous back then that I took a chance and tried it . It's been a love affair ever since .

I don't buy water , but use a Brita pitcher with a filter . I use a 96 oz. empty juice bottle that I fill 3/4 of the way with water and place in the freezer . When ready , I fill the rest of the way with fresh water and it stays ice cold all day .

Simply Walking :
Now , everyone knows how much I literally detest working out . To me , the gym is the most germ-infested place ever . Yuck ! Even walking has turned into exercise , but I have to admit , it is much better than any other workout .

I don't walk alone , but with a partner , simply for the reason of entertainment . It's always better to have someone with you to pass the time so it doesn't seem like a workout . By walking , I don't mean a leisurely stroll . Pick up the pace a bit and walk farther than a couple of blocks .

Don't do like I did and wear flip flops or sandals . You'll need appropriate footwear like sneakers or you'll hurt the soles of your feet . We don't walk everyday , but when we do , it's usually for a good 50 minutes to an hour time . By the time we are done , I'm usually covered in sweat and feeling it everywhere .

Simply A Bath :
I've always been a " shower girl " until a few years back . When my children were small there was no time for bubble baths , sleep was more important .

Taking bubble baths has become a muscle relaxer for me since the aging process has started . I feel my body more than ever , every joint , every muscle gets a workout daily . Soaking in the tub also provides mental relaxation . I've written many a blogs in the tub .

Every single one of these " simple " things does my body good free of charge . It can't get any better  than that .
Have a Blessed day everyone .









No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...