Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This Is The Story Pt.2

After reading " The Grocery List " , I felt such compassion for  that poor woman . How many times have I been in that position ? Too many times to count . I can vividly remember the feeling of defeat and hopelessness of not being able to provide for my family .

Can you imagine the desperation she felt to walk into a store and basically beg the owner for credit ? His reaction , unfortunately , was very common , but when he asked her to place her list on the scale . . . wow , that was brutal .

All I could think about was how that poor woman must have felt at that point . . . humiliated and broken . Yet , the power of God is so great that He provided for His child . He not only provided food for her , but He gave her dignity back when the grocer obviously tried to take it from her . . . .to diminish her to nothing .

As I sat there in Church that day , I took this story as another affirmation from God . Whatever I lay at the Foot of the Cross , He will provide whether that is His love , food , or finances . I don't need to worry as long as I place my trust in Him . 

Learning to trust is something I've been working on  for awhile now . My journey started way back in 2007 and whenever I look back , I see what an incredible journey it has certainly been .

This story has brought to mind why we are really here on earth . It's not to gain status quo or financial wealth . It's not to see how fast we can climb both the social and the career ladder .  As I see it , I am here to help others , to encourage others , to minister to others . I could care less about the size of my home or bank account . I just want enough to have my bills paid , food on the table and to be surrounded by people who love me . That's all I want .

There are people all around us who  need help . Maybe , it's help in the form of a shoulder to cry on or financial . Whatever it may  look like , everyone needs a helping hand . Will you offer it  ? Will you take that step to help ?

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...