Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hardy Dandelions

Taking Emily's lead , I've been busy this week cleaning out my closets .  There is nothing more depressing than going through your clothing , especially if you gained 13 pounds like I did .

In a recent post , I've mentioned that my weeds were more like dandelions . A dandelion keeps coming back no matter how hard you try to pull the root out . Since my cancer began , my weight has been my dandelion . I just can't seem to get rid of this darn weed . It's so frustrating for me ! Some people give up soda and lose 15 pounds . For me to lose that same amount , I might as well live on water alone !

Remember my step pedometer for my insurance ? Well , this past quarter we had to take a biometric test to earn $100.00 . The kit was sent via the mail , which required taking a blood sample and sending it back for the results .  

First of all , due to the chemo , I could barely squeeze out two drops of blood . The first kit ended up contaminated and I had to redo the test a second time .

The results were fine until it came to my stomache fat . I do have a gut and all that disgusting lard is right in my abdomen . I don't need to be my old skinny self , but I do want to lose this belly fat . Everything else can stay .

You know , it's not in me to give up . I will keep trying and trying until I get there . I ended up placing myself on a strict no pasta , no rice , no bread and no sweets  diet . I've been snacking on fruits and vegetables and quite frankly , it's getting old . Emily and I have started taking walks around the neighborhood . After all the huffing and puffing , I realized how obese I really am . Let's see what happens .

In the meantime , the closet needs to be organized and any  small clothing discarded . Emily is completely finished  and I'm still lagging behind as always . Pray for me everyone .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...