Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Story To Tell

Writing a blog is difficult . It's also difficult to explain  what a blog is to someone who came from another country and happens to be not familiar with one . One of my friends is a fellow Pole , who has been here a little over ten years . Whenever , I try to tell her what I do concerning this blog , she looks at me confused . I don't think she has ever heard of a blog before , in the end I just wrote the name on a piece of paper and told her to look it up when she had time .

She is not alone . Writing is difficult . I can't just sit down and whip up a story in five minutes flat . There are times when my mind is a total blank . I know what to write , but I just can't find the words . When words do flow beautifully , one could be interrupted constantly and the flow gets jumbled up . Lately , my computer is the culprit , messing up whatever I write . You just can't rewrite the same story the same way . It always comes out different .

One can never tell what story will be a hit with others . I have written blogs that I thought were like WOW , only to receive a mediocre response . The ones that I felt were not my best , almost too embarrassing to post , brought alot of praise-worthy e-mails .

I have found that people just want to hear that there are other people out there with the same issues as them . They don't want to feel alone with their problems . They may feel unable to express their emotions and are looking for someone to do that for them . If I get a good response , it's because someone out there is going through the same thing .`

I would be lying if I said that writing my blog was for others , because in reality it has become my own therapy session . A conversation that I have with God in full view of others . This blog is for me . It helps me deal with life , especially my cancer .

I can't help , but wonder , what my dear friend will think of my blog or of me when she reads it for the very first time .
Have a Blessed day everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...