Sunday, May 26, 2013

Be Still

Experience
                 
Sitting alone at home , that word pops into my head . Emily is out with a friend and I'm totally taking advantage of the quiet . Since I have to work both Saturday and Sunday , a few relaxing hours are a must to unwind .

Experience

It's been so stressful at work , at home , at church . . . .it seems everything I touch involves stress . Almost overnight , my peaceful existence has been invaded  and captured  by the enemy . Conquered ? Far from it ! I have God on my side !

Experience determines how I handle myself during these troubling times . I'm not going to lie , I lost my temper in the beginning when the pressure became too much . I blew it and immediately felt bad about it . I've noticed that when I'm stressed , anger gets the best of me . This is certainly something I need to work on  .

Once the initial shock of being attacked subsides , years of experience take over . I have learned that when troubles appear , a person can get angry and blow off steam , but in the end , it's better to be still .The truth is , it's never just one thing that falls apart . It usually resembles a dominoes affect .

As I watch things crumble slowly  , one by one , I become quieter and quieter . One reason is because I know there is nothing that I can do , it's something that has to happen . Second reason : He is in control and I can't manipulate the situations no matter how much I try . Third reason : I don't want another eruption of bad behavior on my part .

So I sit here , drinking a cup of coffee and watching some television . In a few hours , I have to go out into the world again . I'm grateful for the few hours of respite . He always seems to know what I need without voicing a word .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...