Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Raging Storms

When a storm is brewing , you could smell it in the air . You can look outside your window and see the darkening of the clouds . If you held your hand out , you could feel a drop or two land in it . A storm is coming .

Don't you wish , you could know ahead of time when the storm is coming to your  private life ? You could prepare for whatever would happen . You could prepare yourself emotionally by protecting your heart . Everything could be ready for you to weather that storm . You might just whiz right through it as if it was nothing .

If we are aware of the storm's coming , it's usually because we are the ones who caused it . Sometimes , we do start our own storm . We do it knowingly what havoc it will cause . We've all done it , but only few of us have learned from it .

When a storm occurs , we are usually taken by complete surprise . We skip along , happy as can be  and suddenly , we're flat on our face . We're wounded and hurt , wondering what has happened . We get on our knees and pray for MERCY .

It's heartwrenching to watch the young weather a storm . They experience every pain of a storm . Every single tear that drops they feel . They can only see their storm and not the light that is shining at the end .

As we grow older , we grow stronger in our faith , in our ability and strength in dealing with storms . I ,myself , no longer wish to know the future or the advance notice  of a storm's coming . What for ? So I can worry about when it comes ? Or how bad it will be ? Why should I waste precious time about something I can't control ?

People want to pray for me . I always ask them to pray for strength and endurance , because if I have that , I can weather anything . I am old enough to know that these storms are fleeting . I know the storm will stop and the rainbow will appear . I know that I am nothing without God and that He controls all . That should be the comfort to anyone going through a storm . I hope everyone can remember that .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...