Friday, May 10, 2013

Cliques

The older I become , the more discouraged I am whenever I view the people in this world . I sometimes wonder how DISAPPOINTED God must be when He looks down and sees what has become of His great Creation . Imagine His hopes and dreams for all of us falling wayward to the side in a heap next to the gutter .

Recently , I came across some individuals that have their own clique . To me , this is so old , never really being exposed to it .I like a variety in life . There isn't any one type of food or music or literature  and even people that I lean in favor towards .  I have always been my own person and that could explain the  
" WHY ".

Being in a clique involves following a person and not making your own decisions .

Being in a clique involves having a group that only allows certain people to belong .

Being in a clique means there isn't any room for self expression just bossiness .

One can expect little snobby cliques happening in grade school or high school , but when I see  supposedly grown adults engaging in cliques , it saddens me . Filtering who is acceptable to join them and if you don't think like them or act like them . . . . well , you can't be in this clique .. . they just delete you and everyone else in the group better follow the leaders action or they , too , will be treated the same .

Chris Tomlin was the first christian concert I ever went to with a friend . There were so many young people falling to their knees in praise of God that I walked away from the concert feeling encouraged . So many young people loving God . This was our future generation .

As a baby christian I felt that all my fellow christians were so much better than me . They could pray better and boy , can they recite the bible verse by verse . It didn't take me long to discover that they weren't better at all . Even after all these years , I'm still here , but where are they ?
 
It so disheartens my soul to learn that there are young people out there involved in these little cliques . This generation has been raised in the social media and that's why I find it so dificult to believe this still exists . They have been exposed to the world 's diversity more than any other generation and yet , we still have snobbery .

I am not saying that all young people are behaving like this , but there are a few . I guess , I shouldn't be shocked , but I have so much faith and hope in our youth . It's so disappointing when one encounters the opposite . We need to pray for our young generation that they grow spiritually to become great leaders not cliques .

Many people misunderstand what being a leader really entails . It certainly doesn't mean you are a boss , but encouraging someone to become their full potential .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...